Pet Care

Pet Travel

If you are planning on traveling internationally with your pet, it is critically important that you start planning far in advance of your travel date. Depending on your final destination, most
countries have specific requirements for domestic animals entering the country. Some countries
require rabies titer testing by the National Rabies Lab 6 months prior to arrival. In addition, most countries require international (ISO compatible) microchips. The United States Department of
Agriculture (USDA) Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) has developed a very informative website which provides information on the specific requirements for pet travel to most
countries around the world.

The APHIS website can be accessed via the following link:

Once you have reviewed this site, please contact our office so that we can help you begin the process of getting your pet ready for international travel. Typically we assist our clients by advising them regarding the specific legal requirements for travel to a given country, by devising a plan to satisfy those requirements relative to the scheduled date of travel, and by filling out the necessary health certification forms required for entry into the pet’s destination country. We have dedicated our technician, Anne Caplan, to this task in order to streamline the process. Please contact Anne by calling us at 412-361-5000, or by emailing Anne directly at an- It is important to understand that we do not make travel arrangements. All travel arrangements must be made separately, by contacting airlines directly, or by working with a pet relocation service.

© 2023 East End Veterinary